emoze 2.0(70) incompatibility with Nokia 6110 Navigator

After 2 days of vigorous tweaking on my Nokia 6110 Navigator with the latest version of emoze 2.0 Push Mail application, I have finally decided to declare that the latest version of my favourite Push Mail application is not completely compatible with Nokia 6110 Navigator.

It all started from day before yesterday when my older version of emoze, v1.50(11), started popping up the error "Please verify your GMail credentials". I had been using emoze from past 8-10 months without any problems. I had infact forwarded almost all my e-mail accounts to GMail where I had a consolidated list of all my mails.

After facing the authentication problem I tweaked a couple of times & finally ended browsing the emoze Portal for an updated version. I downloaded emoze2_s60_91.sisx after selecting Nokia 6110 Navigator from the menu & also installed emoze 2.0 to my cell. Initially I was very excited to find few new to the updated version, but my excitement was shortlived. I must say that the latest version is very buggy & does not work well with Nokia 6110 Navigator. Infact I must say that this version has not been thoroughly tested on S60 3rd Edition v9.2 OS-based phones.

I have searched lots of forums & have hardly managed to find a solution to my problems. This is an independent opinion & may not match with others. The problems I am facing is listed below -
  • After configuring a mail account if you go to its Settings->Rules->Inbox & change the default setting for "Cleanup older than... 1 week" to None, all the mails downloaded in the Mail account disappear
  • I now have a new problem - I am receiving an audible mail alert, but the visual alert of "1 new mail" has stopped appearing on my main screen
  • After configuring multiple mail accounts if the bandwidth gets chocked while downloading mail for one of the accounts, the other accounts suffer & get an illogical error "Please check your login credentials "Wrong credentials provided. Please verify (-37)". This error does not necessarily mean that your login credentials are wrong
  • The icon appearing in the main screen is very cryptic. In previous version there were a couple of indications - a cross indicating disconnection from emoze Server, a red play sign indicating all read mails & successful connectivity with emoze Server, a green play icon indicating Sleep mode, a red closed envelope indicating unread mails & successful connection with emoze Server & a green closed envelope indicating unread mails in Sleep mode. In the latest version it either shows a red play icon showing disconnected state or a green play icon showing connected state
  • Unable to send any mails
I have managed to tweak with a lot of settings but have only one thing to conclude - emoze 2.0 is buggy with S60 3rd Edition v9.2 phones, probably because it is programmed for 3rd Edition v9.1 phones (emoze2_s60_91.sisx). I hope the people at emoze are working day & night to fix the bugs & restore users confidence in my favourite FREE Push Mail application.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The issue you mention has been fixed.
Can I suggest trying it again ?

Dave,
The emoze team

Baudhayan Lahiri said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried reinstalling the emoze once again on my Nokia 6110 Navigator & found that there has been no version change & it still reflects emoze 2.00(70). I still went ahead & checked the following error specifically -

"After configuring a mail account if you go to its Settings->Rules->Inbox & change the default setting for "Cleanup older than... 1 week" to None or any other, all the mails downloaded in the Mail account disappear".

After my Blog post I was running with a workaround by setting "Cleanup older than" to the maximum possible extent... which was 3 weeks. After your comments I again changed it to NONE & found that all my mails downloaded till date disappeared immediately, although the Inbox was showing baudhayan(1), which means 1 unread mail.

I feel there is a long way to go not only on fixing the bugs of the release 2.00(70) but always in changing the user interactiveness associated with the Icons being displayed on the main screen.

Would eagerly wait for a perfectly working version.