Resolving a frequent Firefox Crash

I updated my Firefox to Firefox 3.0 a few days back. Everything seemed to work fine initially but after I installed a few add-ons it kept repeatedly crashing. Firefox just refused to load & crashed every time I tried launching it from a desktop. I also mailed the crash report to Mozilla but my problem remained unsolved even after uninstalling & re-installing the same.

Today I tried a tweak & things started working fine after that. I always suspected on one particular add-on which was creating this problem. I thus renamed the folder named extensions located in the Mozilla Firefox install location & started Firefox & it smoothly loaded. Firefox has now created another blank folder named extensions. I then uninstalled the add-on which I suspected was buggy.

I don't know whether this is the right approach to tackle the problem but thought of sharing this info with rest of you. If things seem to work properly for others too, then probably I have walked in the right direction.

No comments: