Choosing betweek Nokia E71 & E66

I just saw a review of Nokia E71 & E66 phones at GSM Arena & was quite amazed to find that Nokia has started offering phones in the prices range of INR. 22,000 with all the features which I generally look out for - GPRS, 3G, FM Radio, Bluetooth with A2DP, Infrared, Wi-Fi & GPS. A few months back when I bought my Nokia 6110 Navigator in Feb 2008 for INR 15,000 I missed 2 key features - Wi-Fi & Infrared. But since I was keenly looking for a GPS enabled phone I had to compromise on this model's offerings.



If you had to choose between the two phones there was hardly any major feature to differentiate them. But I thought it would be nice if I could mention key features with which each score over the other.

Nokia E71 - Larger Display (320 x 240), QWERTY Keyboard, Total Business Phone.

Nokia E66 - Slider Phone, Accelerometer present, VOIP ready.

If I were to choose between the two, I would always go for Nokia E66 since I concentrate more on technical features rather than business features. So I would rather choose Accelerometer & VOIP instead of QWERTY keypad & larger screen. I also prefer a Phone which looks a little smaller. Tech freaks will also look out for Nokia E66 due to its Accelerometer feature. With this feature the Phone is able to sense its orientation with respect to the ground, due to which it an auto-change screen resolutions if told to do so. There are various other interesting applications available on the net which uses the Accelerometer feature. Why don't you explore yourselves? Do let me know if I have missed out something.

For detailed comparison of both the Phones click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually the phones have the same screen resolution, but the E71 has a slightly smaller screen. Both support VOIP.

Anonymous said...

The E71 has a smaller screen only 2.36 inches compared to the E66 which has 2.4 inches. Not that big of a difference. And You can get the same resolution of E71 (320 x 240) in landscape mode (otherwise it's 240 x 320).

So the 2 major differences are:
E71: QWERTY keypad / E66: No QWERTY keypad
E71: No Accelerometer / E66: Accelerometer present

And as anon stated, both phones have VOIP enabled.