My New Year Resolution - "Get Rid of Wires"


There's something new you would find when you enter my flat from 1st Jan 2008. Guess what, its now a Wi-Fi Zone. After a lot of thinking, I finally invested Rs.1930 on a Wi-Fi Router & believe me it was worth going for the technology.

I just went to my favourite shop at Lamington Road, Cassette World, saw some avaialble Wi-Fi brands available in the market & finally settled for the NetGear WG614v7 Wi-Fi Router. Why NetGear ?..... coz it was cheaper as compared to the others & had also found people on the Net using the same.

Back home I unpacked the Box & connected the cables as per the instructions. Setting up the Wi-FI Router hardly took any time for me. Probably because I am Computer Netwoking & Information Security Professional. I already had a ADSL Broadband connection from MTNL & hence I already had their ADSL Modem. My job was to just integrate my existing Desktop, Laptop, Wi-Fi Router (also a 4 Port Switch) & the ADSL Modem.

Within half an hour I had my Home Network along with the Wi-Fi Network set. Rest entire day was spent on doing R&D on the Wi-Fi Router, a thing which I do with any brand new electronic device entering my premises.

From yesterday I am enjoying this new freedom at home, the freedom to access Internet without the hassles of managing numerous cables......

"आज़ादी Internet की"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Baudhayan Lahiri said...

Portugese to English Translation of CresceNet's comments - "I very much of that post in your blog is very interesting, I always go through here =) then gives a last there on my site, which is on the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com him. A hug."

Baudhayan Lahiri said...

Thanks CresceNet for taking time out & reading my Blog Posts. I also visited your site on http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . It talks something about earning quick bucks for people who have ADSL Broadband connections. I would also register very soon & start earning :)