BREAKING NEWS: When the News really breaks you :)

BREAKING NEWS: Kumble & Pointing sit across the table for a peaceful discussion

BREAKING NEWS: Petrol prices to rise

BREAKING NEWS: एक आदमी ने ट्रेन के सामने कोशिश किया खुद्खुशी

These are just a few among the list of News items which Indian Television Media (especially News Channels like Aaj Tak & India TV) portray as BREAKING NEWS. I guess these Media companies should be explained by what is meant by Breaking News.

News items like World Trade Centre bombing, Benazir Bhutto's assasination, any major Natural or Human disasters which globally attracts attention should definitely come under the category of Breaking News. Even Local News which affects the country in a drastic manner can come under this category.

I feel with Television Media getting more attention these days, they have found a cheap way of increasing the TRP ratings. Don't you think so ???

2 comments:

Santosh Dhumal said...

Yes Especially India TV.

It was long back I have stopped watching India TV just because of this.

Now since I am in US, I can feel the difference between our Indian Channels and the channels in US.

I think these ppl should learn from US channels

Santosh

Baudhayan Lahiri said...

@Santosh - Its nice to see that you have quickly started picking positives from the US. It would be even nicer if you spend few more years in US or other developed coutries & bring back some innovative technology to India.

I see most of my friends & relatives permanently shifting to US, UK or some other developed countries just to have an extra comfortable lifestyle. They forget that India has a huge talent pool & an immense potential to grow at a very fast rate in all fields. I don't say this like a typical neta BHASHAN, its true from my heart.

Me & my family are greatly influenced my the movie SWADESH & would expect Indians permanently settled abroad to contribute their bit towards development of this country.

I hope I am not shouting to deaf ears ???