BEST buses, WORST attitude

I have lived my life at various parts of this sub-continent. I must admit that the Mumbai BEST bus service is probably the Best bus service in the country. Best not only in terms of frequency (excluding few buses), but also in terms of cleanliness & maintenance of these buses.

But when it comes to Conductors & Drivers, they are one of the worst people I have ever interacted with. Why???? Have you ever tried to give a note of higher denomination when you run out of change or have you ever waived your hand to request the bus driver to slow down in a turning to board the bus. Try doing this & you will come to know how customer unfriendly BEST conductors & drivers are. I have lately heard that BEST runs in huge profits (obviously, the ticket rates are one of the most expensive in the country). But does that mean you behave arrogantly & rudely with people who are giving you the business. Not done at all !!!!!

I just happened to travel to Borivali Station area a few days ago, for shopping. My mom also accompanied me. After we wound up our shopping, we found a BEST bus destined towards where I stay, waiting in the stop with people unboarding. When everyone got down me & my mom boarded the bus unaware of the fact that the stop was not supposed to be a boarding point. Just when the bus started the conductor rudely told us to unboard, for which we obliged. Now we requested him to stop the bus, as my mom was aged. Even before my mom could fully get down from the bus, the bus again took its speed. My mom was almost going to fall. When I asked the conductor that was waiting for extra few seconds going to disturb the buses' schedule, he started behaving more rudely & started using abusive language for which I retaliated back.

This is just one of the few thousand incidents which daily BEST commuters face & ignore in their busy lifestyle. I hope BEST depot Managers read this article & train their staff to be polite with commuters.

No comments: