PAN or PAiN Card

Good to see that the Finance Ministry in India are taking lot of initiatives to make the Securities market more secure by making PAN compulsory. But this should be done with a very practical approach. I hold a Demat Account as well as an Online Trading Account with a big Brokerage firm. Every third day I receive a call from their Call Centre saying that due to change in SEBI guidelines you need to provide XYZ documents along with a self attested photo-copy of my PAN card. Although all my accounts (viz. Demat, Online Trading) are with the same firm, they repeatedly ask for a self attested photo-copy of my PAN. Till date I have already submitted my PAN card photo-copy thrice. Day by day the PAN card is turning out to be a big PAiN for me. I don't know how many more times I'll have to submit the same document again & again. Its high time that the authorities make things secure in a more practical way rather than going by the rule books.

No comments: