Installing Region-restricted Android Apps on your Android Smartphone - androiddrawer.com

I finally returned to India from UK after spending few years there and was already into the Android train since Jan'13 when I bought the HTC One X. Reading my previous post you would realize that I rooted my Phone and installed a custom ROM. Since I did not take backup, it meant that I had to reinstall all my favorite Apps once again.




Since I had updated my address from UK to India in my Google account, this meant that I would not more have access to few region-restricted Apps like Zedge and BBC iPlayer and these Apps will not show in search results on the Play Store. The best alternative to circumvent such a problem is to allow your phone to install Apps from Untrusted Sources (this can be found under Security settings on your Android Phone). You can then download the .APK (Android App installer) from a very nice website like androiddrawer.com , transfer it to your Phone and then install it. 

Try it next time when you find that your favorite App no more show in the Play Store search results......

No comments: