Its really pathetic to find that in India most Call Centre employees of big Service Providers are still not trained to help Customers in the best possible way. Or to be more specific, they still can't handle tech-savvy customers like me.

Take the example of BPL Mobile, Mumbai, a few years back. The Call Centre staff were literally clueless on what was the feature CALL BARRING all about.

Today was another frustrating day for me talking to the Customer Service Executive at Vodafone Care, Mumbai. I called up Vodafone Care at 11:15 PM & insisted that my Vodafone Mobile Connect plan be deactivated from next billing cycle as 27th is my last day of my billing cycle. To my surprise the executive said that it was impossible for me to deactivate this plan from next billing cycle as it takes 2 hrs to deactivate the service after the deactivation SMS had been sent. And since the 2 hrs would mean that I cross-over to 28th, I would still be billed for the service. I requested him several times & he repeatedly kept saying that this was a defined process & he was helpless about it. I even said that nowhere in Vodafone site was it mentioned that to deactivate a service on the last day of billing cycle, the customer has to send the deactivation SMS by 10 PM (2 hrs prior to 12 AM). Out of frustration I just disconnected the call & start thinking.

The solution is very simple - just use My Vodafone from http://www.vodafone.in/myvodafone & deactivate your service from the My Services section. I did the same thing for my Vodafone Mobile Connect plan & believe me, the Service got deactivated within 5 mins.

Moral of the Story - Don't call up the customer care for any workarounds, use your own Brains... Happy Brainstorming :-)

No comments: