Many a times it so happens that you enter a wrong password consecutively 5 times at the HDFC bank Netbanking site & your account gets locked. Now you have 2 problems - your NetBanking access locked out & also that you have forgotten your password. The Banks standard procedure calls for filling an application form at the Branch to re-enable your account & also re-generate a new password.
I have discovered a simple workaround with which you use the power of Net to both re-enable your account & re-generate a new password.
(My site statistics show that this is one of my most successful posts in my Blog. Unfortunately, almost all my readers forget to drop me a THANK YOU message after getting the required results :-( . I would feel nice if you could comment on this post after successfully unlocking your HDFC Bank NetBanking Account. This would inspire me to write more.)
The procedure is as follows -
- Visit https://www.hdfcbank.com/applications/webforms/customersupport/mainfrm.htm & select the Radio Button "I am a customer of the bank and have a query / Clarification on a transaction / Product".
- Now under the section "What is the query about?" section select "Assistance with NetBanking Service".
- Now under the section "Kindly classify your request:" select "Access Denied - Enable access to NetBanking" & then click on submit.
- In the following screen fill up all your details - Customer ID, First Name, Last Name, E-mail ID.
- Now comes the most important trick - select the check box "Yes I remember my IPIN and just need re-activation of the same.". Though this may sound funny, since you don't remeber your IPIN (NetBanking Password), but do this as suggested by me. And then click submit.
- After almost 24 hours visit the NetBanking page & under the "Whats New" section on the right hand side, click on the link for "Forgot Your IPIN (password), click here to generate instantly".
- Now just follow the steps & re-generate a new IPIN.
If you did find help from this post & are from India, please vote for my Nokia Momement by SMSing VOTE 54470 to 55555 & increase your chances of winning a Nokia N8!!!