Be an Alert Citizen

Around last week or so I was on my way back home travelling on the compartment footboard, as usual. While standing, the guy standing on the footboard right in front of me interested me. Why ? Probably because he was taller & well built than I am & moreover he was obstructing my view & the cool breeze hitting me in this hot summer. Though the guy interested me for some strange reasons as mentioned earlier, but as time passed I started becoming more curious about him. The next para will illustrate everything.

I boarded the train from Elphinstone Road station & was heading towards Kandivali. I guess he must have boarded at some other station prior to Elphinstone road because right from the beginning he was in front of me. He seemed to be in his late 20s & was well dressed with a creamish coloured cotton jeans trouser & a stylish shirt. He wore a metal bangle in his wrist with Sai Babas engraving on it. Right from the time I was behind him he started receiving calls on his Nokia 3250 cell phone. I could easily makeout that he spoke with a female (probably his fiancee) in 1 or 2 occasions. I don't know what struct me, as soon as he received his 3 or 4th call I just peeped across his shoulders to checkout who might be calling him. To my surprise I found out some strange name "Phir Ne Men Sa Chu" or so being displayed on his screen. I soon found out that almost all the names in his Contacts list where kept in an encoded format. So most of the names looked like "Hi Ne Ka Tum", "Koti Me Su" or some other garbled character. But believe me the guy spoke in Hindi throughout. Another thing which I noticed was that he used to delete his call records (Dialled Numbers & Missed Calls especially) after completion of every call & also delete all incoming SMS's after reading them. Since it was a moving train I couldn't read any of his SMS's (though unethical) nor clearly hear what he was speaking over the phone. By the time I could collect all possible information & be an Alert Citizen & actively participate in the Mumbai Unbreakable campaign Kandivali station had already arrived & it was time for me to get down. That guy travelled further, probably till Borivali or probably to some suspicious activities.

Since I didn't have sufficient proof against him or probably because I feared a bit, I couldn't report this matter to Police. But believe me we all need to be very alert while travelling, because you never know a terrorist might be sitting next to you.

Jai Hind..... Mera Bharat Mahan !!!!!

No comments: