Tech Review: Beetel CB 12000 Cordless Phone

On this Republic I finally replaced my big old Sony SPP-Q110 Cordless Phone with a brand new Beetel Cordless Phone (Black Color). After exploring the new Phone for about 2 days or so I was amused by the fact that how technology is rapidly changing & how innovative Gadget makers are becoming. You will realize this as & when you read my complete review about this model.



Your Ad Here


First of all it has a Polyphonic Base Unit with LCD Display, Dial Pad, Speaker Phone & a reciever with wires. So even if there is a Power Failure, your Cordless Phone still continues to function as a normal Phone. Wait...wait... don't worry about Power Failures as the Power Supply to this Phone as an inbuilt rechargable Battery which can be turned On or Off depending on your requirements. So if your area is severely affected by Power problems you can permanently keep this On. The Battery is only consumed during a Power Failure, else it directly operates from raw Power. The CLI is shown on the LCD Display. The CLI in the Base unit can store 29 incoming calls. The LCD Display helps you to view & change all the phone settings such has Ringtone, Date, Time, etc. You can select upto 16 different Poyphonic tones in the Base Unit. All said, now let me mention the most interesting feature of the Base Unit... the CLI system is a TALKING CALLER ID system. So I guess you have already got it... whenever there is an incoming call the Phone loudly reads out the incoming number. There is also another interesting feature associated with this Phone which is the ANTI-TAPPING feature. This feature can be both a boon & bane. Coz if this remains enabled you cannot use any of your parallel Phones at home because the Cordless Base Unit starts beeping loudly & jams the Phone line. The benefit being that your privacy is not intruded.

Now coming to the Handset, it has a pretty small form factor as compared to other Cordless Handsets avaialble in the market. It closely resembles those old Nokia 55xx Mobile Handsets. Its LCD Display shows the Date & Time & also the last 35 Incoming calls in CLI mode. The only drawback with the Handset is that it is not Polyphonic & lacks Speaker Phone feature.

Both the Base Unit & the Handset have extendible Antenna's & gives you a whopping range of 30 metres. So I could actually use my Handset from the Terrace in 8th Floor though I stay in the 2nd Floor. The INTERCOM feature allows you to talk between the Base Unit & the Handset & also allows to you transfer calls amongst each other.

All in all the Phone is an excellent one & I would rate it 4.5 on 5. Would have rated it 5 on 5 if the Handset was Polyphonic & had Speaker Phone feature.

10 comments:

Jennifer Cruise said...

hello,

i too purchased the same phone today...i just had a small problem so thouht of asking u...first problem is , i hav charged the basic phone with adapter for 15 hours , but the base phone is still not switching on...i mean display is not coming , second problem is how to change the time and date in the cordless unit and make a call is cordless unit ???? thank u in advance ...pls reply to sagarsridhar@gmail.com

sagar
banahalore

Baudhayan Lahiri said...

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for writing. Thought of explaining you the 4 main components of the Phone. The Phone has 4 main components - The Base Unit (which has a Handset with Wire), The Battery Backup, The Cordless Unit (the one with extensible Antenna) & finally the Charging Stand (to charge the Cordless Unit).

As per my understanding your Base Unit is not switching on. The Base Unit acts as a basic wired phone if not fed by any external power supply. To make the Base Unit fully functional you need to connect the circular output jack of the Battery Backup (Black Box with Red & Green lights) to the point provided at the rare end of the Base Unit. You then need to connect the 2 pin plug provided with the Battery Backup to a Plug Point & KEEP THE PLUG POINT SWITCHED ON 24/7. To make the Battery Backup fully functional, keep the switch provided at the bottom of the Battery Backup unit in ON position. This would ensure that in case of a Power failure, the Base Unit would continue to function normally from the Power supplied by the Battery Backup.

With these connection settings you would be able to make a call from your cordless unit. With regards to changing the date & time in the Cordless unit, please refer to the instruction manual provided. Infact whatever I said is already explained in the instruction manual. Also, if you have Caller Line identification facility activated on your phone line, your date & time should automatically get set when you recieve the first call with phone number being displayed on the screen.

If you require any further guidance, please feel free to revert back.

Thanks & Regards,
Baudhayan Lahiri

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have bought a smiliar set so thgt of asking u the problem i am facing. I am not able to register my Cordless Unit i.e i am not able to receive as well make calls using my cordless unit. I followed the instructions mentioned in the leaflet but failed to register my cordless unit.
Wld be thankful to u if u cld tell in detail the steps for registering my cordless unit so that i am make call using the same.
You can reply me at archanam14@gmail.com

Thanks,
archana

Baudhayan Lahiri said...

Hi Archana,

Thanks for getting in touch with me. There are many things mentioned in the leaflet out of which some steps get skipped inadvertently. If can describe all the steps you have performed & also the way you have connected your phone accessories, I would be in a better position to help you out.

I somehow feel that you have not powered on your Base Unit :) I might be wrong though. You can also discuss your problem online by chatting with me when you find me shown online in my Blog (Top right hand corner).

With Best Regards.

Bussiness Development Using Technology and Brains said...

Hi,
i purchsed a similar devie some time back.. There's one problem i have been facing is the base unit does not ring and neither does my speaker phone on handset.
Can you tell me the possible reason and its remidy.. please reply at hemal109@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

hello, i bought the same set. i have one query. this set has the battery like any mobile phone. as we know mobile phone must not be charged for a long time as battery can warm up and blast...
does the same criteria applied on this set also???

Anonymous said...

can you explain me how to link between cordless handset and base set. as i don't have manual. if u can share manual it would be great. Beetel CB 12000

Akshay said...

Can someone please tell me the pin to register my handset with my base for Beetel CB 66000. Any other model pin would also do i guess they must be the same. Would be eternally grateful. My email is aks.mal@gmail.com

Akshay said...

Can someone please tell me the pin to register my handset with my base for Beetel CB 66000. Any other model pin would also do i guess they must be the same. Would be eternally grateful. My email is aks.mal@gmail.com

gowtham said...

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to register Beetel CB 55000 cordless. I get a logo NOT REG when ever i turn it on. and also the pin .
Thank you