Online Music - once a dream, now a reality!!!

I still remember those days when I had enrolled at NIIT to complete GNIIT in the year 1996. It was the initial days of Internet in India. With unstable connections, slow speeds & very few service providers it was still very interesting as we all got connected to the gigantic information database. In those days I couldn't even imagine streaming data over the existing net connection.

On Feb 16, 2010 MTNL Mumbai (my local ISP) upgraded the Unlimited Internet Plans on many Tariff Plans. I believe an Unlimited Internet Plan with a basic speed of 1 Mbps at a reasonable rate is what you need to enjoy the basic streaming experience. I now pay INR. 999 & am having the speed of 1 Mbps with an Unlimited Plan which I just told you earlier.

There might be 100s of sites providing streaming Music. I just found a site which provides some good Online Music & Radio. The best part is it provides a downloadable player with interchangeable skins, that can be used to listen to Online Music, Radio & Videos. Here is a screen-shot of the players' default skin -

Ohh!!! I forgot to mention the site. Its www.dizzler.com. It has a good collection of Bollywood songs, which I generally enjoy & possibly that's why I spoke of this site. he streaming quality & speed also seems good over a 1 Mbps connection. Why don't you visit this site & enjoy some cool Music?

No comments: